Celebrate summer and enjoy those delicious weekend morning sleep-ins more by providing your bedroom a new, seasonal upgrade. Whether you are looking to tweak a few small information or embark on a significant bedroom overhaul, we expect that these eight ideas will ignite the change you want.
1. Use the room to be made by just-so details. A rope-knot doorstop, vase of freshly cut flowers, soft fringed throw and tray for coffee add the ideal finishing touches to make your bedroom feel beautifully coddling.
Styling tip: Two big Euro-size cushions with appropriate shams creates a bed seem more completed — and can be helpful for propping you up in bed to see. Those plus your regular cushions are all you actually need. More than this, and you risk veering into overdecorated pillow territory.
2. Insert natural allure with bamboo and rattan. Lightweight textured materials, like rattan, wicker and bamboo, work great for summertime furniture. The little table here provides hidden storage and tons of room for bedside reading and new flowers.
Styling tip: Pick up the natural hues with an earthy coverlet or light quilt. Keep the rest of the decoration clean and easy to get a breezy look.
Caitlin Wilson Design
3. Go subtly nautical using a porthole mirror. A round nautically inspired mirror hung above the bed and a beautiful summery coffee table book provides a touch of summer to your own bedroom. Keep the book available to encourage flipping through.
Styling tip: Pale sea-foam-green bedding appears sophisticated against a dark wood bed frame. Clear glass lamps keep the space feeling light.
MANDARINA STUDIO interior design
4. Paint the flooring. If your flooring have gotten a lot of wear and tear, then why not paint them to get a fresh look? White is airy and fresh, while a darker colour, like the blue utilized here, looks cool and inviting in summer.
Styling tip: Keep layered patterns in line by ensuring a common color runs through all of them.
5. Design a dresser-top screen that is summery. Updating for the season can be as straightforward as establishing a couple of pretty vintage bottles and a jar of shells atop your dresser. Change up the screen by placing new dried or fresh blossoms, fragrant herbs or seedpods in the bottles each week.
Styling tip: Hunt down older seaside-theme books with pretty covers at yard sales and flea markets. These vintage treasures not only seem lovely stacked up on your shelves, but they can provide a refreshing change of pace from present bookstore fare.
Join the argument about decorating with books
6. Choose a clean and traditional blue and white palette. Men and women look equally attracted to this color scheme, so it’s ideal for spaces that are shared. A rich navy paint on the walls is the best foil for lighter white and blue striped bedding.
Styling tip: Do combine your stripes! As long as they share the same color palette, mixing narrow and wide striped fabrics looks warmer and more interesting than having one pair of stripes.
7. Layer rustic forests and lotion linens. Shipping yourself into a romantic country inn with a mixture of rough-hewn timber, soft and fluffy sheets, and nubby blankets. A sign of ruffle on the edge of a pillowcase or around the bed skirt brings the raw timber into feminine territory.
Styling tip: This appearance is all about feel. Use your hands in addition to your eyes whenever you are choosing what to add to your space.
8. Believe “little cottage in the woods.” Whitewashed wood-paneled walls, an iron bed frame and rustic linen bedding include as much as a new cottage look that could be a pleasure to come home to.
Styling tip: When wall mounted area is in short supply, forgo typical bedside lamps in favor of a wall-mounted sconce. Renters need not feel left out — only get a cord cover and run the cord down the wall instead of having it constructed in.
More: Read thousands of bedroom photos
What Might Our Bedrooms Say About Us?